Terra Bella Box, $32.95 per month (free shipping for US addresses; see website for international shipping rates)
Melba is such a photogenic little bun!
Terra Bella Box is a monthly natural, cruelty-free beauty box that features products made by small businesses. Subscribers receive three to four skincare, hair care, and/or bath products per month. Terra Bella has started a second box, The Makeup Edit, so if you prefer makeup products to skincare, that might be the box for you. Subscribers are able to switch back and forth between The Makeup Edit and Terra Bella subscriptions if they want. The Makeup Edit is $29.95 per month, so it's a little cheaper than Terra Bella.
Terra Bella Box sent me this box free of charge for review.
Here's what I got in the April Terra Bella Box:
- Red Bird Natural Soap Sunkissed Shampoo Bar (full size, worth $6)
- Meraki Botanicals Toothpaste in Mint Clove (full size, worth $12)
- EcoSkin Naturals Post Shave Gel (full size, worth $10)
- Abbey Lane Farm Solid Perfume in Spring Blossom (full size, worth $18)
My April Terra Bella Box was worth $46. That's not bad for a natural beauty box. We got a hair product, a dental care product, a bath product, and a perfume, so we had a good mix of stuff this month.
First up, we had the Red Bird Natural Soap Sunkissed Shampoo Bar. This bar has a blend of tea tree, rosemary, and lavender essential oils. You wet your hair, then rub this on your hair, lather it up and rinse. It doesn't take much -- I put way too much on at first because I didn't think much would get on my head by just rubbing it on there. It didn't feel like it was completely out of my hair after rinsing it, but my hair was fine after conditioning and rinsing. This was my first time using a shampoo bar, so I was a little nervous because it feels so weird to put what looks like a regular bar of soap in my hair. It smells great and got my hair clean, though. I would probably recommend this if you have dry or normal hair. It might be a little too oily for greasier hair. I was impressed with how this made my hair look. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would.
I'm familiar with Meraki Botanicals and have liked the products of theirs that I've tried, so I was looking forward to trying their Mint Clove Toothpaste. This wasn't what I expected! I thought it would have a paste-like consistency, but this is dry and hard. I had to scrape it out with my finger and apply it to my toothbrush. Most of it fell off the toothbrush at first because it is quite crumbly, but I got better at getting it on there after a few times. It tastes mostly like baking soda. The mint and clove flavors are there, but they are on the subtle side. I like this, but I prefer the convenience of toothpaste in a tube.
This is my first time trying a product from EcoSkin Naturals. The Post Shave Gel is 90% aloe; the remaining 10% is a mix of peppermint, jojoba, and tea tree oils. This is a very moisturizing oil that absorbed quickly and made my skin feel extra soft after shaving. I was worried that it would make my clothes greasy but it absorbed fast enough that that wasn't an issue. I loved the fresh, minty scent.
The Abbey Lane Farm Solid Perfume is a mix of bergamot, clary sage, neroli, ylang ylang and cedarwood. I wasn't sure what I was going to think of this, but I ended up loving the scent. It was perfect for spring. I expected it to be a little more floral with a name like Spring Blossom, but the scent was still beautiful. My only complaint is that this perfume doesn't have much in the way of staying power. You'll have to reapply this a few times throughout the day. I've always found that to be the case with solid perfumes, though, so I wasn't surprised by that.
April was an excellent month for Terra Bella Box. My favorite product was the shampoo bar, but I liked the solid perfume and the post shave gel a lot, too. The toothpaste wasn't really for me, but it wasn't bad. All of the products were new to me and three of the four brands were new to me. Terra Bella Box always puts together such fun boxes. They're always a treat to get in the mail!