Let's talk Holy Grail products! Holy Grail products, for those unfamiliar with the term, are the beauty products that are in the just amazing, can't live without category. Obviously, those products will vary a bit for everyone. Today, I wanted to share my Holy Grail products for skincare. I will have another Holy Grail post with all my makeup, perfume, nail polish, and hair product choices coming soon!
Now, because I am trying a million different beauty products a month, my Holy Grail products change occasionally. I'll have one moisturizer or whatever that I absolutely love, but then I'll get a box with another moisturizer that blows the first one out of the water. This is my current Holy Grail list for skincare, but it might change in the future. I tried to find one product in each skincare product category that was my Holy Grail. Some categories, I just couldn't think of any product that was good enough to be my Holy Grail, and, in a couple categories, I had two Holy Grail products.
I would love to hear all about your Holy Grail items! Let me know what they are in the comments.
Also, I am trying to really build this website up and get more visitors. It's new still and I'm getting a good number of hits, but I would love to have more so we can really get a big community going like we had when I was writing for Jezebel. If you would share my website with your friends on social media, I would be forever grateful. Thanks so much for your help!
Without further ado, here are my Holy Grail skincare picks! I've listed the category they are in before the product names. They are all in the picture above and listed left to right, top row to bottom row:
- Essence: Amor Naturals Apple Hydrating Bio Essence, $32.99. This stuff is amazing! An essence is kind of like a lighter moisturizer. It's a liquid, not a cream. It contains apple, which is full of antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, which is great for moisturizing, and pumpkin seed extract, which helps with collagen production. My skin has never looked so good. It also has a light apple scent to it, which is really nice, but it goes away quickly. Amor Naturals is a small company that hand makes all their products. They also have a quarterly subscription box. I absolutely love this company and all their products.
- Exfoliant: Nuxe Gelee Exfoliante Douce, $24, currently on sale for $16.80. This exfoliant gel uses crushed walnut shells to get all that dead skin off your face. It also smells like roses! My skin feels so smooth and glows after I use this!
- Moisturizing/Repair: Mizon All-in-One Snail Repair Cream, $16.39. This cream is 92% snail mucus. Sounds gross, I know. In Korea, snail farming is big. From what I've read, the snail farmers realized that the skin on their hands healed much faster than the skin on the rest of their body. They figured out that snail mucus was helping accelerate the healing. Don't worry, snails are not harmed to get the mucus. They let them slither around on mesh and collect the mucus from that. This really does make your face heal up faster. It's great to put on your face when you have a breakout, a cut, or one of those annoying dark spots pimples leave behind. Seriously, give it a try. You won't regret it.
- Moisturizing/Repair: Skinclinical Extreme Healing Daily Treatment, $39.95. This has similar effects to the snail mucus, so try this if you are vegan or just can't bring yourself to put snail mucus on your face. This can be used anywhere on the body and helps things heal up really quickly while also moisturizing your skin. It's so good it is used for pressure sores, skin damage by chemo and radiation, eczema, psoriasis, and the like. If it can handle that, it can handle that pimple or cut that you need to heal quickly. It's definitely a little on the expensive side, but it's worth it.
- Makeup Remover: Beige/Dusk/&/Greys Eye Balm, $12 (currently unavailable). You know how you use a makeup remover and you still end up having little black circles under your eyes? That's not a problem with this. I could not believe how well it took of my eye makeup. Also, it can be used as an eye moisturizer. I can't recommend this highly enough.
- Facial Hair Removal: Tweezerman Smooth Finish Facial Hair Removal, $20. I don't know about you, but I have a few little hairs on my face that I just don't want there. I have never found depilatory creams to work well and I don't really want to go to a salon to be waxed. This stuff takes your hair off easily and with relatively little pain. Give this a try! You won't regret it.
- Hand Scrub: Rituals Miracle Scrub, $19. Your hands need some exfoliation, too! Every time I use this, my hands feel so soft and smooth afterward. I love it!
- Facial Cleanser: Angel Face Botanicals Super Detox Activated Charcoal Cleanser, $24. I have tried soooo many face cleansers and this one is my favorite by far. It contains activated charcoal, which is great for sucking out impurities from your skin. It has twenty-one other beneficial ingredients for your skin. If you want to see the entire list, just click on the link. My skin looks amazing when I use this.
- Body Scrub: nyl Shimmer Scrub, $38. As some of you may know, I love sparkles!!!! This is a sugar body scrub that leaves behind a shimmer to your whole body when you use it. It smells good, feels nice and exfoliating, and leaves you sparkly. What more could you want? I use it whenever I want to feel a little fancy. I was surprised by how sparkly it left me. I thought for sure it would rinse off in the shower, but it stays on all day.
- Face Mask: Hey Honey Take it Off, $29. Besides the fact that it is good for your face because it's moisturizing, exfoliating, and skin clearing, this mask is so much fun!!!! You leave the honey mask on until it dries, then you get to peel it off your face like Elmer's Glue. I love doing that.
- Eye Cream: Athar'a Pure Moroccan Coffee Eye Cream, $24.95. I use this stuff every morning. I don't even like coffee, but I love how this smells. It's very moisturizing, of course, but the great thing about this is that it contains caffeine. Caffeine reduces puffiness, so putting it in an eye cream is the best idea ever. It makes your eyes look way better after you've had a long night.
- Moisturizer: One Love Organics Skin Savior Multi-Tasking Wonder Balm, $49. This is a waterless balm that can remove makeup, moisturize, and can even be mixed into your mineral powder for some added glow. It smells wonderful, it removes makeup really well, and it really locks moisture into your skin. I just love this stuff.
- Toner: qc naturals timmy's toner, $16.50. This toner has just a few simple ingredients. It works wonderfully. I love how my skin looks and feels after using this. I'm quite picky about my toners and this is one of the few to pass the test.
What do you think? Have you tried these products? What makes your Holy Grail skincare list?